Thursday, August 28, 2014

1.5 pood baby carry ...

53# kettle bells are also referred to (by the informed Russian set...you know who you are) as 1.5 pood.  Every time I hear that I think of the past tense of poo...that would be a lot of poo.

This week in CrossFit we had a WOD that involved carrying a 53# kettle bell down the parking lot while your partner slogged away doing pushups and then switch until 200 pushups were achieved by the team of 2, 300 pushups for a team of three or for the super awesome 300 pushups for a team of two.

As I was carrying the 53# kettle bell down the parking lot I thought of this picture below of me carrying an extra 50# of body weight.  The equivalent of what I was at that second carrying a 53# kettle bell. 

When these pictures were first taken..I was so annoyed at my husband for taking them with me in the picture.  In my mind the pics were all ruined.  Because I was in them.  Ouch. 

While continuing to chip away at the WOD...remembering back to the day when I saw those pics contrasted to now...I came to a few conclusions.

1.  This picture is of a woman who fought to keep her youngest alive at the expense of her own health.  I sat up all night watching her breathe giving her treatments into the wee hours of the morning and then got up and went to work.  I ate horrible fast energy foods and had zero time for myself.  However, the Littlest Who lived and that is all that matters.  End of story.  I didn't ruin the pic...God working through me is the reason this picture took place.

2.  One short month after this, at that weight, I walked from the Radisson Hotel in Seattle to the SeaTac airport, not a great distance, with the little red head (30#) on my back, a computer backpack backwards on my chest (15#) pulling a big suitcase (not doing the coefficient of friction math) and directing Andrew and Katherine to stay on the side walk.  That lady is strong and determined.  A wise friend told me that we should strive to be like a force of nature...guided by God and unstoppable.

3.  Clearly I should have been carrying the 2 pood bell.  Say that without giggling.  I can't.

4.  Thinking like this during a WOD probably contributes to why I can't count reps.

What does this all mean?  I have no idea.  One thing, military wives do stuff like this all the time and are awesome.  I am also thinking with those numbers in #2 that I need to be squatting and dead lifting more and perhaps I shouldn't try to think of profound things while starving myself of oxygen during exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment