Monday, June 30, 2014

stuff my (not-yet-CrossFitting) husband says to me....about CrossFit.

My husband does Tae Kwon Do and I do CrossFit.  Our kids do CrossFit with me and Tae Kwon Do with him.  This works for us and we support each others endeavors.  Since we met back in high school we agreed that supporting each other is not defined by doing every.single.thing.together yet cheering each other on as we pursue our individual quests.

So, my point.  My wonderful husband doesn't CrossFit (CrossFit can be used as verb, noun and proper noun...how is THAT for functional?) but he has some funny perspectives.

Here a few of the latest...

1.  Are those whip marks on your legs?  What the heck were you doing?

2.  Bruises on your thighs and shoulders...Cleans today?

3.  When I talk about snatching he ALWAYS has a inappropriate comment.

4.  After a long burpee workout in shorts I *always* get road rash on my knees.  This doesn't receive a comment but merely an eyebrow raise.  Only one eyebrow.  Maybe a snigger.

5.  Each evening I begin the obsessive compulsive check on the Bunker's Facebook page to see what tomorrow's WOD will be.  On those evenings when it is a super cool WOD (like squat cleans) I react like this:


This gets a similar reaction to the road rash on my knees.  
6.  He helped me acquire the necessary equipment for and clear the space for a backyard lifting area and without fail when I suggest that I need a rack (and a pullup bar too while I am asking) he will make some sort of comment about MY rack and how I don't need another one.  :::sigh::: boys.

7.  While I was doing the open he cared for and *even* fed the kids while I was gone each Saturday morning and then saved me some bacon for when I returned.  This has nothing to do with stuff he says....but no CrossFit post would be complete without mention of bacon.

8.  When I talk about jerking...well...he has an inappropriate and entertaining comment.  As an aside...I am greatly entertained by euphemisms for human behavior.

9.  When I showed him the picture below and showed him the points of performance I have improved on in the past few months he exclaimed, "OH MY GOSH!!!!  YOU HAVE HAD THE SAME SHOES FOR 3 MONTHS!!!!"
Well.  I will have to do something about that.

10.  Even though I can easily heft the 50# bags of chicken feed, the 40# bags of soil/mulch....he always offers to do it for me.  Chivalry...it isn't dead.

bonus...

As I have been doing a pretty strict Paleo diet this is his take on it: "You aren't going to eat; cheese, grain, sugar (and all artificial sweeteners)  and legumes (hear me...peanut butter) for how many days?  Ohhhhh....you will still drink wine and coffee.  Okay. I think I can still live with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment